Re: Processed: Forwarding to the technical committee

On 10615 March 1977, Ian Jackson wrote:

> It could be reinstated if we can come to an agreement with Joerg S
> where in return (for example) for us renaming things he promises not
> to complain about any modifications we choose to make.  We need this
> promise because of his history of complaining that our modifications
> are violations of his licence.  One our modifications would have to be
> the replacement of the build system (unless we can get him to
> re- or dual-licence it GPL).

I doubt the relicensing, he sees no problem with the CDDL.

> Do you think it might be helpful if someone tried phoning up Joerg
> Schilling and trying to negotiate ?  Email discussion seems to have
> been causing some difficulty.

Hrm. I *can* try that. I dont know if it helps, as its similar hard to
discuss this via a phone.

Hrm. How about: I prepare a mail to write to him (in German, makes it
easier) to discuss it again, starting completly new, explaining our
problem. And also ask if he is ok with a phone call, maybe also from
others. But - tomorrow, not tonight, so with a bit of sleep and a gap to
now.

--
bye Joerg
<mechanix> anyone from the MIA team around? tbm?