Re: Processed: Forwarding to the technical committee

Joerg Jaspert writes ("Re: Processed: Forwarding to the technical committee"):
> On 10615 March 1977, Ian Jackson wrote:
> > Do you think it might be helpful if someone tried phoning up Joerg
> > Schilling and trying to negotiate ?  Email discussion seems to have
> > been causing some difficulty.
>
> Hrm. I *can* try that. I dont know if it helps, as its similar hard to
> discuss this via a phone.

It would be best if it were someone he wasn't already upset with !

> Hrm. How about: I prepare a mail to write to him (in German, makes it
> easier) to discuss it again, starting completly new, explaining our
> problem. And also ask if he is ok with a phone call, maybe also from
> others. But - tomorrow, not tonight, so with a bit of sleep and a gap to
> now.

The Makefiles problem isn't a real problem.  We can write a build
system easily enough and we can even arrange to cross-port his
patches.  The big problem is the constant hassle about changes to the
code.