Re: Processed: Forwarding to the technical committee

* Joerg Jaspert (joerg@debian.org) [060405 00:57]:
> Yes, unfortunately I trust judges to be uninformed enough to have true
> randomness in decisions. I personally would think you can't revoke GPL
> for a old version, only if you release a new one use a different license
> for that, but well...

Definitly you cannot revoke GPL for a old version to someone who
actually received the old version. However, Joerg S could claim that he
never really licensed it to the GPL (and then we have to prove he had),
and also, if he distributes the files as GPL but not according to GPL
(e.g. the make files are GPL-incompatible), distributing binaries by us
is illegal.

Cheers,
Andi
--