Re: Debian cloud images for OpenStack?

Checking it out, cloud-init on LP does not include any service control scripts.

Can someone refer what the upstream source is (URLs please) for the current packages in Ubuntu and Debian? Does the package maintainer only have these to put in the package?

I like the concept of having a separate repository for service control of a software title. It means its separated from the software itself, very accessible and can be version controlled and managed upstream just like the software itself.

On Fri, Jul 12, 2013 at 3:16 PM, Thomas Goirand <zigo@debian.org> wrote:
On 07/12/2013 06:33 AM, Chris Fordham wrote:
> I think its important to get the sysvinit scripts in the upstream source
> so it can be included in the package instead of placing those files in
> the image not belonging to a package.
> If they get rejected, simply create another project/source so a
> cloud-init-sysv package can be created.

If you don't think it's a loss of time (like I do), then I very much
welcome such work. Go ahead!

Thomas