Re: Debian cloud images for OpenStack?

Le Thu, Jul 11, 2013 at 04:16:41PM +0800, Thomas Goirand a écrit :
> On 07/11/2013 06:04 AM, Charles Plessy wrote:
> > For the upload, I am still confused on the reason why we are adding new init
> > scripts instead of using the Upstream ones.  Do you konw why ?
>
> Because upstream sysvinit scripts are for CentOS:
>
> # If there exist sysconfig/default variable override files use it...
> [ -f /etc/sysconfig/cloud-init ] && . /etc/sysconfig/cloud-init
> [ -f /etc/default/cloud-init ] && . /etc/default/cloud-init

Isn't it possible to write init scripts that can run on both CentOS and Debian ?
In that case, I think that it would be good to send a patch upstream, rather than
maintaining a separate re-implementation of the init scripts.

Of course, in the short term, feel free to go ahead with a working solution.

For Chris: we are using the pristine cloud-init, but since Ubuntu uses Upstrart,
I guess that the upstream init scripts are contributed by other distributions and
used only there.

Charles