Re: Debian cloud images for OpenStack?

On 07/11/2013 06:04 AM, Charles Plessy wrote:
> For the upload, I am still confused on the reason why we are adding new init
> scripts instead of using the Upstream ones.  Do you konw why ?

Because upstream sysvinit scripts are for CentOS:

# If there exist sysconfig/default variable override files use it...
[ -f /etc/sysconfig/cloud-init ] && . /etc/sysconfig/cloud-init
[ -f /etc/default/cloud-init ] && . /etc/default/cloud-init

no check for existence of the cloud-init binary, use of echo instead of
the lsb-base functions (eg: log_daemon_msg and friends), etc.

On 07/11/2013 06:04 AM, Charles Plessy wrote:
> But since it is very likely that there
> will be other cloud-init uploads before the Freeze, I think that we
> do not have to wait for more translations.

Ok, I will upload a new version then. Best IMO would be to wait 10 days
after that one, so that I can upload to backports after the migration to
testing.

Thomas