Re: This is getting ridiculous ...

On Sat, Jun 17, 2006 at 03:46:38PM -0400, Joey Hess wrote:
> Eddy Petrişor wrote:
> > Is there any TECHNICAL reason for him not being given back SVN access?
>
> Yes, it's very difficult to work on a subversion repository if someone
> whom you have comprehensively killfiled is able to make changes to it.

Huh ? So you say that my svn commit access was disabled because you have
problems reading mail from me ? That is really the first time you use this
argument in public.

> Especially if you're one of a few people responsible for reviewing all
> changes made to that subversion repository and other reviewers have also
> killfiled that person. d-i needs to be able to work as a team, that
> means needing to be able to communicate with each other, and several of
> us cannot communicate or work with Sven.

Well, a very simple procmail rule should help you there, and furthermore you
will notice that the commit logs are not comming from my primary mail account,
but from the alioth repo one. So, this arguments either shows your
incapability to handle procmail rules, or is dishonest.

> I should mention that as of today, I have killfiled all mail that even
> mentions Sven's name, due to this and other threads (I've had mail
> originating from him killfiled for half a year already, but it really
> doesn't help due to his high propensity for trolling people to quote him).
> I simply do not have time to deal with Sven; I judge his total possible
> contribution not likely to exceed the bother of dealing with him.

Thanks a lot for all the work i did on d-i and which you just so summarily
have thrown into the garbage.

Friendly,

Sven Luther