Re: This is getting ridiculous ...

On Sat, Jun 17, 2006 at 09:45:37PM +0300, Eddy Petrişor wrote:
> On 6/17/06, Wouter Verhelst <wouter@debian.org> wrote:
> >Not a clue.
>
> == I don't know, aka lack of knowledge, aka diletantism (I am not sure
> if this word is too strong)
>
> >No interest either
>
> == I don't care, aka ignorance
>
> >-- how is it any relevant?
>
> == lack of touch with reality
>
> Please, don't be ridiculous.

I am not being rediculous. I was trying to make a point that Sven is
annoying the hell out of a lot of people, nothing more. That there is a
fraction of the ~900 people without commit access who have no interest
in getting that commit access is totally beside that point, thus, not
relevant.

[...]
> I said cunning, and I will say it again, because you _are_ cunningly
> provoking Sven while he is such an easy target because of his
> justified, IMO, feeling that he has been incorrectly been ruled
> against and he is irritated by this.
[...]

(I didn't read the entirety of your mail -- it was too long, I was short
on time, and I have better things to do than to read a post by someone
who clearly did not get my point)

Whether or not he is incorrectly ruled against is not something I feel
very strong about. It may be true; it may also be not true.

However, I fail to see how such an event is so bloody important that it
*has* to be discussed on
* The debian-boot mailinglist, in every odd thread;
* The debian-project mailinglist, in a thread that started off by not
  being relevant to d-i or Sven Luther;
* The -private mailinglist (as you have seen by Frans' cross-posting),
  in a number of threads of which I will not provide details so as to
  not break its privacy; but suffice to say, it was discussed to death
  there as well
* ... and as if all of the above wasn't enough, this thread which was
  spawned only to discuss how the world seems to be conspiring against
  Sven.

I'm sure Sven is unhappy by what happened. He's made that clear enough.
Frankly, I have no doubt that I would be unhappy, too, should my commit
access to some project have been revoked because the admin of that
project claimed I am impossible to work with. It's not as if I don't
understand that.

However, what I do *not* understand is why this has to be raised to the
issue of the month; why it seems to be impossible to turn around in
Debian and *not* stumble upon one of these annoying threads. To me,
Debian is *not* about Sven Luther, and it is *not* about commit access.
If Sven wants this to change, he'll have to convince people that he's
worth that commit access; and that he's right, and that Frans is wrong
when he says Sven is impossible to work with.

Frankly, I doubt he's going to be able to do that when he annoys the
hell out of an insane number of people.

But, hell, he can do as he pleases. It's not as if I care much.

--
Fun will now commence