Re: This is getting ridiculous ...

On Fri, Jun 16, 2006 at 04:43:12PM +0200, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 16, 2006 at 04:09:48PM +0200, Sven Luther wrote:
> > And what has that to do with anything ? I have no interest in going into this
> > hate-game, i want the situation solved, and be able to commit as any normal DD
> > would.
>
> You have that already. There are >1000 DD's, and only a small portion of
> those has commit access to the d-i repository. "any normal DD",
> therefore, does not have commit access to the d-i repository.

And how many of them cannot commit despite wanting to do it ?

I mean, come on, what kind of benefit does frans and co get for refusing my
commit access ? Just to anger and punish me, and then feel angry when i made a
innofensive comment about it ?

I was discussing on irc how i would use svn diff | mutt submit.debian.org
instead of svn commit, and then noticed that it would be easier to have commit
access, and frans took exception. This was already the second time he took
exception to some inocuous comment, and he clearly enjoys this state of
control he has over me, and doesn't get shamed to say basically :

  If you don't behave, you will never get commit access back.

IS this acceptable ? I am not a child, i am probably a DD since longer than
Frans, and have more technical knowledge than he has, and i don't see why i
should support this treatment from him.

And everyone tells me to accept it, and to be meak and submlissive, but only
rarely is any critic against Frans voiced, which makes me a whiner and someone
to be insulted and joked on by the vast majority of DDs.

Friendly,

Sven Luther