Re: Indic scripts

On Thu, Feb 23, 2006 at 02:30:42PM +0100, Christian Perrier wrote:
> > Is it possible for Khmer to be included in beta 3 if the translation
> > won't be complete of all levels?
>
> But in any case having an incomplete translation EVEN IN LEVEL 1 will
> NOT make us withdraw your translations.
>
> The only requirement is having a minimum of 50% for level 1 which you
> already nearly achieved for Khmer.

May I ask you why this 50% border exist?
Even a single translated string is useful to test the debian-installer
integration (fonts, language and locale settings) and such an incomplete
translation indicates to users that it is work in progress.
So they may start sending patches ...

Also consider how many messages are shown with a low priority. If I remember
correctly it's sufficient to hit 10 times Enter to install Debian (i.e. 10
text screens) :-))

Jens