Re: Indic scripts

Quoting Davide Viti (zinosat@tiscali.it):
> Hi Kakada,
> I'm bringing the discussion to debian-boot, so that other people
> can fill the missing gaps
>
> > Are there anything that I can contribute to make Khmer available for
> D-I?
>
> I think the problem is that translations are missing (see [1]) : if
> you can help with translations it would be great and I guess it would
> not be a problem adding Khmer to the list of languages supported by
> d-i/g-i.
>
> Bubulle: am I correct?

Yes and No..:-)

The Khmer translation effort is running, precisely by Kakada Hok..:-)

However, even she translated over 50%, I have frozen its
transition to udebs because of the upcoming beta release. This is the
usual policy before a release.

As soon as we will have released beta2, I'll remove "kh" from
packages/po/PROSPECTIVE, which will open Khmer translations into
udebs.

Then, we will work on its correct integration in g-i (khmer cannot be
displayed in text mode) by choosing the correct font...probably one
font from ttf-khmeros, as this is already mentioned in the wiki.