Re: debian 2.1r3 needed and release team coordination

"James R. Van Zandt" <jrv@vanzandt.mv.com> writes:

> Turbo Fredriksson <turbo@debian.org> writes:
> >	2, Many different rescue disks.
>
> Actually, I think we should arrange for *custom* rescue disks.  That
> is, the installation procedure should by default create a two-floppy
> rescue set.  However, it should also provide the option to create a
> single-floppy rescue disk with no kernel, and explain how the user can
> install the kernel himself.

We currently have the facilities for building multiple "flavors" of
rescue disks for a single architecture, thanks to Eric D.  Remember
that you need to usually chnage the kernel and the modules, in sync.

As for documentation, slink documentation already talks about how to
change the kernel in the rescue disk, etc.  I'm sure that might change
a bit for potato, but I haven't started on that yet.