Re: debian 2.1r3 needed and release team coordination

    Adam> IMHO, we should be thinking about Debian 2.1r3.  This is
    Adam> what I think needs to be in Debian 2.1r3 and why we need it:
    >>
    Adam> * replace kernel-source 2.2.1 pkg with 2.2.5 or better
    Adam> Rationale: 2.2.1 is very evil

    >> I got a 2.2.5-ac3 kernel package ready at

    >> http://papadoc.solheim.se/programs/kernel/

    Adam> Does that fix the Adaptec problems?

Must have, since I've been running on a Adaptec 2940 and 2.[12] kernel
for years (well... :)

What exacly is the problem?

    >> This kernel also have the /proc/.config patch applied, which I
    >> think would be good if we include in ALL of our future kernels.

    Adam> What is that exactly?

>From the patch:

+/proc/.config support
+CONFIG_DCONFIG
+  Saying Y here will make a snapshot of your configuration options
+  permanently available via /proc/.config file. It is useful if you
+  compile several kernel images with different configuration options
+  and would like to keep track of which is which.
+
+  This option will enlarge your kernel by about 10-12 KB, depending on
+  the size of your /usr/src/linux/.config file.

I find this _MOST_ usefull...

--
 Turbo     __ _     Debian GNU     Unix _IS_ user friendly - it's just
 ^^^^^    / /(_)_ __  _   ___  __  selective about who its friends are