Re: debian 2.1r3 needed and release team coordination

    James> Turbo Fredriksson <turbo@debian.org> writes:
    >> I've been trying to do a 'proper' boot disk WITH a 2.2 kernel
    >> on it.
    >> I see two options:
    >>
    >> 1, One boot disk and one root disk.

    James> I favor this option for installation.  The kernel will
    James> continue to grow.  1.44 M floppies do not.

My point exacly.

    >> 2, Many different rescue disks.

    James> Actually, I think we should arrange for *custom* rescue
    James> disks.  That is, the installation procedure should by
    James> default create a two-floppy rescue set.  However, it should
    James> also provide the option to create a single-floppy rescue
    James> disk with no kernel, and explain how the user can install
    James> the kernel himself.

This is just a matter of creating both floppies, and tell the user
how he/she can change kernel...

	mount floppy; cp newkernel floppy; umount floppy

:)

OR, we create three rescue disks. One Rescue-boot, a Rescue-root, and
a Rescue-without_kernel.

Ether way is quite easy to implement...

--
    We are GNU.  You will be GPL'ed.  Resistance is futile.
 / \ / \ / \ / \ / \ / \  Turbo Fredriksson <turbo@debian.org>

SEAL Team 6 Mossad assassination Kennedy Clinton genetic kibo Qaddafi
Treasury Ft. Bragg supercomputer Marxist Ortega domestic disruption
strategic