Re: debian 2.1r3 needed and release team coordination

Turbo Fredriksson <turbo@debian.org> writes:
>I've been trying to do a 'proper' boot disk WITH a 2.2 kernel on it.
>I see two options:
>
>	1, One boot disk and one root disk.

I favor this option for installation.  The kernel will continue to
grow.  1.44 M floppies do not.

>	2, Many different rescue disks.

Actually, I think we should arrange for *custom* rescue disks.  That
is, the installation procedure should by default create a two-floppy
rescue set.  However, it should also provide the option to create a
single-floppy rescue disk with no kernel, and explain how the user can
install the kernel himself.

			- Jim Van Zandt