Re: Creating a new named official debian repository for OpenStack backports (Uploading all of OpenStack to backports)

On Tue, 11 Mar 2014, Lucas Nussbaum wrote:

> On 11/03/14 at 09:37 +0100, Alexander Wirt wrote:

> > > Have you considered solving this using the way we usually allow several
> > > versions of the same software in Debian, that is, by suffixing the
> > > package name with the version? (gcc4.7, gcc4.8)
> > > I'm not completely convinced that we need several versions of OpenStack
> > > at the same time in a backports-like repository, but if you want to
> > > achieve that, that's a way that doesn't involve separate repositories
> > > for each release.
> > As long as they are also in testing.
> >
> > By the way ~180 Source packages? Are you guys sure. I personally think a software
> > that needs 180 specific versions of source packages ridiculous.
>
> Well, it probably makes sense to see OpenStack as something like GNOME
> or KDE here, in terms of dependency graph...
GNOME and KDE are environments of different software. But however, there was
a kde 4.6 backport for squeeze ([1]), that one had 69 source packages... (and
squeeze was really rusty at that time).

Alex