Uploading all of OpenStack to backports

Hi there!

Currently, I maintain OpenStack in Sid, and maintain a private
repository for the Wheezy backports. Though I don't like doing this, I
think OpenStack should be in official Debian repositories only. And
mostly, everyone uses Wheezy for deployments...

Therefore, I'm considering uploading all of OpenStack and all of the
needed python dependencies directly within Debian official backports.
Though the list of package is quite huge. I'm talking here about nearly
180 packages. Most of them are in Python.

What is the view of the BPO FTP masters? Do you think that's a good
plan? If not, why?

If you need the list of packages, you can browse from there:
http://archive.gplhost.com/debian/pool/havana-backports/main/ (97 .dsc)
http://archive.gplhost.com/debian/pool/havana/main/ (83 .dsc)

(the first one is direct backports maintained by others, the 2nd one is
made of packages that are maintained directly by the OpenStack team
(which nowadays means mainly me). Note that some of the packages in the
first repo are also maintained (also) by me though the Python module
team when possible.

Another issue is that it's been hard to have all packages to migrate
from Sid to testing, so in the future, I might also have such difficulty
(even though right now, it's in good shape).

Your thoughts?

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)