Re: Uploading all of OpenStack to backports

On 03/08/2014 10:01 PM, Gaudenz Steinlin wrote:
>> Another issue is that it's been hard to have all packages to migrate
>> > from Sid to testing, so in the future, I might also have such difficulty
>> > (even though right now, it's in good shape).
> As written above I would actually consider this a bonus over the current
> situation as there is mostly a reason (RC bug) that these packages don't
> enter testing. I guess that transitions shouldn't be a big problem for
> python modules.

Well, it's not only about RC bugs on the core OpenStack packages. It's
often about indirect dependencies, which are sometimes a bit out of my
control, unfortunately. Also, there are problems which one may face in
Sid/Testing, but which wouldn't be an issue with backports (this happens
many times, like with SQLAlchemy 0.8 / 0.9, for example).

> I would be willing to help with the backporting effort as time permits.

Cool! Thanks very much.

FYI, I don't intend to work on this before I am done with packaging
Icehouse beta 3 (which I already started uploading into Debian
experimental). I hope to be able to finish that this coming week.

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)