Re: Creating a new named official debian repository for OpenStack backports (Uploading all of OpenStack to backports)

On 11/03/14 at 13:57 +0800, Thomas Goirand wrote:
> Second, there's only a single "wheezy-backports". Therefore, I can't
> have OpenStack Grizzly, Havana and Icehouse hosted at the same time by
> Debian. Same issue in Sid/Testing by the way. This is a huge problems
> for integrators/users, because they should be the one deciding when to
> upgrade their cloud IaaS. If I decide to override Havana by Icehouse
> (for example), then I can't provide security updates for Havana anymore
> in Debian.

Have you considered solving this using the way we usually allow several
versions of the same software in Debian, that is, by suffixing the
package name with the version? (gcc4.7, gcc4.8)
I'm not completely convinced that we need several versions of OpenStack
at the same time in a backports-like repository, but if you want to
achieve that, that's a way that doesn't involve separate repositories
for each release.

Lucas