Re: Request for Rawtran packaging review

Filip Hroch <hroch@physics.muni.cz> writes:
>> For the improvement of the package itself, I would have one more
>> recommendation: If you have a small free sample raw file, you could
>> include this and create a simple unit test. This test can be run during
>> the build (in the dh_auto_test rule), and also as a CI test. This would
>> ensure that the package is actually working on the different platforms,
>> and would warn us if f.e. dcraw one day would change its behaviour so
>> that it breaks rawtran.
>
> Yes. It's very nice idea. I seems the tests are an integral part of
> automake machinery so it would be easy to add its to the package.

For the build time tests you are right. For the CI tests, see

https://ci.debian.net/doc/

specifically the implementation here:

http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=autopkgtest/autopkgtest.git;a=blob_plain;f=doc/README.package-tests.rst;hb=HEAD

Basically, it is adding a debian/tests subdir with some control
information.

Best regards

Ole