Re: nom-tam-fits in debian

Hi Richard,

I will try to reach Florian today as well, so that we can find a good
way to proceed here. Probably a shared team maintenance is the best.

For the other questions, I would ask you to follow-up to the Debian
Astronomy mailing list https://lists.debian.org/debian-astro
Altough the fits packags is still in debian-science, I think that by
topic it belongs to debian-astro (and I would ask Florian to move it).

As a documentation for start, I would recommend the New Maintainers
Guide, https://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/maint-guide/

I also write a tutorial which may be helpful, but it is a bit python
centric (for astropy affiliated packages):
https://wiki.debian.org/DebianAstro/AstropyPackagingTutorial/Preparation

Since you are going to help us in team maintenance, you should apply for
team membership on debian-astro and debian-science; for this first
create an account on https://alioth.debian.org and then look to the
according project pages.

Does this help for the start? If you have any other questions, please
don't hesitate to ask.

Best regards

Ole