Re: Request for Rawtran packaging review

Hi Ole,

I'd corrected all the suggested improvements (including
both yesterday's minors).

A few words for explanation:

> Please use our standard git layout: unmodified upstream sources in the
> "upstream" branch, the tar file checked in into "pristine-tar", and
(as
> you did) the debian version in "master".

I'm very sorry for this. I'm not deeply familiar with git and
the conventions. I haven't been recognising its the since your
notification. I solved the situation by complete remove of the
old repository and creating from scratch of the new one.
There was a minimal history, all the work has stored by me and
I prefers the clear start rather than a mesh -- which always
implicates growth of chaos. I believe the remove will not produce
any problems.

This is tightly connected with my question. Which is the recommended
way to update upstream branch in git repository after new upstream
release? By my opinion, a natural solution is create a new (upstream)
branch and merging with the older one? And the action is followed by
update appropriate items of master (debian) branch?

> In debian/rules:
>  * Remove comments that belong to the example from debian/rules
>  * ddebs should work now, please try it; don't disable

All the code/comments has been consequence of use of the obsolete
standard. The magic formula 0.5.7 solved everything.:)

I strictly followed the recommendations on

https://wiki.debian.org/DebianAstro/AstropyPackagingTutorial/Preparation

during full packaging process. Some details seems to be obsolete now.
I consider an update of the page by my new experiences.

Thank you very much.
FH
--
F. Hroch      e-mail, jabber: hroch@physics.muni.cz, tel.: +420549494470
Dept. of theor. physics and astrophysics, MU Brno, Kotlarska 2,CZ-611 37