Re: Request for Rawtran packaging review

Hi Filip,

your package already looks quite fine! However, I have a few remarks:

Please use our standard git layout: unmodified upstream sources in the
"upstream" branch, the tar file checked in into "pristine-tar", and (as
you did) the debian version in "master".

In debian/copyright: You specify GPL-2+ there, but the package sources
(f.e. rawtran.c) seems to be GPL-3. Unfortunately, the COPYING of the
package still is GPL-2. Since you are also upstream, I'd recommend to
fix this in the tar file.

In debian/control:
 * Pleas update to the current Standards-Version (3.9.7)
 * use https in both Vcs-Git and Vcs-Browser

In debian/rules:
 * Remove comments that belong to the example from debian/rules
 * ddebs should work now, please try it; don't disable

The debian/watch file does not work (use remove http:)

In debian/changelog: put "unstable" instead of "UNRELEASED".

Otherwise, the package looks fine for me. Nice work!

Best regards

Ole