Re: multiarch/bi-arch status (ETA) question

Digesting about 8 things into a single response...

On Wed, 6 Jul 2005, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:

You only need dpkg support to utilize it. The design is such that the
debs shall remain compatible to older debian. You just don't get the
multiarch benefits. So apt/dpkg are not realy blocking issues to
porting stuff.

The plan is to add multiarch support step by step while having a
single arch system right up to the moment everything is ready. And
even after having single arch must be possible. People that want
pure64 should never be forced to install 32bit cruft as well and vice
versa.

This is the heart of what I'm saying... And hence my questions so far.