Re: dependency problems base-files, libc6

On Thu, 16 Jun 2005, . wrote:

Yes, I was using testing before stable, but what has been testing has
apparently become sarge, and I suppose sarge is more stable than testing
(and sid) now.

It may just be safest to refer to sarge and sid, rather than stable/testing/etc, since the latter are apparently subject to change at the moment.

If you installed as sarge, you should stick with sarge unless you want to start over, or are prepared for a dist upgrade.

That´s true, and I would do that if it wouldn´t involve the expense of
getting a duplicate dual-Opteron system.

Perhaps just getting another hard drive and using the same machine?