Re: Debugging Multia boot problems: take one

On Sat, Feb 18, 2006 at 11:25:56AM -0600, Harmon Seaver wrote:

> >I don't know anything about it, but you can try using
> >dists/oldstable/main/disks-alpha/current/tftpboot.img, which would be a
> >tftp image from woody.  If that one *does* work, though, I'm not sure what
> >to do about the newer image, since that again seems to be a Multia-specific
> >problem, and maybe not the same problem as with the CDs.

>      Well, I found the problem with my tftpd config, I had bootps
> enabled in the /etc/inetd.conf as well as tftpd, once I fixed that, the
> mulia starts booting from ewa0. Unfortunately, that older image boots
> fine, and the newer boot.img doesn't. It reads it, gets as far as
> the tftpboot.img, the keyboard lights flash, and then it reboots right
> back to the srm console.
>       That is different than trying to boot the newer CD's -- with them
> aboot hangs the console and you have to power off.  The tftpboot.img
> boots completely and starts the install process.

Ok.  I've created a new netbootable image using the 2.2.22 kernel from
woody, using the aboot from sarge.  Please try
http://people.debian.org/~vorlon/alpha-netboot.img and let me know whether
it boots on Multia.  I've tested this image on my system, and it boots me up
to the d-i language selection screen; if it does the same for you, that
gives us a starting point for trying to figure out what's changed between
2.2.22 and 2.4.27.