Re: Debugging Multia boot problems: take one

On Fri, Feb 17, 2006 at 01:37:15PM -0800, Steve Langasek wrote:

> Yes, MOP != dhcp.  You'll need to configure SRM to use dhcp as the boot
> protocol; IIRC the option is something like "set ewa0_protocol bootp", but
> you may want to check an SRM manual to confirm this (or poke at the
> variables in SRM until you find the right one, like I did :).

VERY close, Steve; it should be:

	>>> set ewa0_protocols bootp	# note the "s"

Unfortunately, IIRC, you can't just BOOTP the compressed kernel, you
need to use a network-bootable version of it, created during kernel
build by doing "make bootpzfile"; then you get an
"arch/alpha/boot/bootpzfile" image file that CAN be used for BOOTP.
Unless, of course, the procedure is broken in the latest kernels... :-\

Good luck.

 --Jay++

Jay A Estabrook                            HPTC - XC I & B
Hewlett-Packard Company - ZKO1-3/D-B.8     (603) 884-0301
110 Spit Brook Road, Nashua NH 03062       Jay.Estabrook@hp.com