Re: Debugging Multia boot problems: take one

On Sun, Feb 12, 2006 at 06:32:24PM -0600, Harmon Seaver wrote:
> Steve Langasek wrote:

> >On Sun, Feb 12, 2006 at 09:25:58AM -0600, Harmon Seaver wrote:

> >>     I'll try that.  Does etch have the hostap drivers and net_radio
> >>turned on in the kernel, BTW?

> >Yes.

>     Ah, great, but only in the 2.6.x kernel I suppose?

I couldn't tell you off-hand; it should be possible to check this in the
2.4.27 source package.

> >>       Unfortunately, that doesn't boot. Aboot starts, loads initrd and
> >>then vmlinuz and then it just sits there, just like the others.

> >Hmm, alright.  And it isn't just that console output is being sent somewhere
> >other than you're looking for it?

>      No, I do the -fl i to use aboot interactively and choose "0", but
> just for jollies I just tried in choosing "1" to see if it did anything
> different (not that I had a term hooked to ttyS0) but there's no
> response to the keyboard after /boot/linux goes. After about a 30-45 sec
> the keyboard lights flash, but then nothing happens after that, and it
> has done that with everything from 31r0 onwards.

Hmm.  I guess my next step is to try to get a minimal image put together
using a woody kernel with the woody aboot, to confirm whether this can still
be built successfully on a current system; and then to see what happens
building the same image with the current aboot.  That'll take me a bit to
set up, I'm afraid.

The flashing keyboard lights are curious.  I don't suppose you have any way
to hook a serial console up to that system, after all, to see if there's any
output of interest?