Re: NSF and compiling kernel

Harmon Seaver <hseaver@gmail.com> writes:

>    Since I don't have enough drive space on my multia, I nfs mounted the
> space from my debian intel box, downloaded the kernel source, and tried
> to run make menuconfig. I've got the nsf mount "rw" both on the intel
> end and on the multia end, but it still won't let me delete files or
> make links. Here's my /etc/exports file:
> # /etc/exports: the access control list for filesystems which may be
> exported
> #               to NFS clients.  See exports(5).
> /xtra/scuz/src  192.168.2.100 (rw,no_root_squash)

That exports /xtra/scuz/src to two machines: one called 192.168.2.100,
and one called (rw,no_root_squash). So, there must be no space.

This is a very, very frequent mistake. It would be nice if you could
take the time to file a bug report and ask for clearly pointing this
out in the /etc/exports file comments, the exports(5) man page, and
also that it produces something useful in the log files.

--
	Falk