Re: Remote kernel debugging an Amiga; was: "BUG: soft lockup" on A1200

Hi,

On Wed, 11 Dec 2019, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:

> > I think I researched at some point, and in case of fatal errors in the
> > process, there was a way to expose an AmigaDOS command line over
> > serial too. As a last-resort solution, or you'd at least get some news
> > that something has failed, and don't wait for it to boot into the
> > other kernel.
>
> "newshell aux:" is your friend.

Indeed, thanks. I remembered it was something simple. But there was also
some mess about matching serial.device (hence AUX:) defaults rates up the
high bps rates we used in MorphOS debug later, and I think the original
serial.device prefs didn't allow to set it up to 115200? Maybe? Anyway,
whatever it was, it's definitely solvable, we just never bothered beyond
the idea.

Cheers,
--
Charlie