Re: Remote kernel debugging an Amiga; was: "BUG: soft lockup" on A1200

Hi Charlie,

On Wed, Dec 11, 2019 at 5:30 PM Karoly Balogh (Charlie/SGR)
<charlie@scenergy.dfmk.hu> wrote:
> After a reset, AmigaOS (3.x) boots by default, then autostarts a TCP/IP
> stack + brings the network card online automatically. When interface up is
> reached, most Amiga TCP/IP stacks support some kind of post-up script, so
> it will execute an AmigaDOS script to fetch the kernel and the a boot
> script from the RPi. In our case this was done using httpresume (available
> on Aminet), which is a http downloader, kinda a native-wget-for-AmigaOS,
> which we found it works better in some cases than the actual wget port.
> Obviously, the RPi runs a small (LAN only) webserver to expose the files
> to the Amiga via http, but the uploads to the RPi from "outside" are done
> via scp/sftp.

Cool. Will try httpresume.
Currently I always boot Linux first, scp the kernel, and reboot.

> Then it just makes the boot script executable, and starts it, which in
> turn starts the kernel. The rest can already be observed over the serial
> console. Optionally, the AmigaOS boot process and various stages described
> above can be also made to send messages over serial, as there are tools
> for that too, but we never bothered... (I think I researched at some
> point, and in case of fatal errors in the process, there was a way to
> expose an AmigaDOS command line over serial too. As a last-resort
> solution, or you'd at least get some news that something has failed, and
> don't wait for it to boot into the other kernel.)

"newshell aux:" is your friend.

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

                        Geert

                                -- Linus Torvalds