Re: "BUG: soft lockup" on A1200; was: Re: Updated installation images for Debian Ports 2019-04-20

Hi,

On Tue, 25 Jun 2019, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:

> While I first thought this was an IDE drive issue (we had issues with
> some WDC models a long time ago, which didn't show up on PC, as PCs
> don't use shared interrupts), this looks like an issue with the A1200
> GAYLE-specific interrupt handling in the IDE driver. It would be
> interesting to know if other people with A1200s have issues with IDE or
> not....

Sorry for bumping this thread after a few months, I just wanted to report
that I recently built a mainline 4.19.87 kernel with GCC 7.4.0, (playing
with some Buildroot thing) and I think I ran into exactly this issue on my
A1200. Mine runs with Blizzard 1260, 128MB RAM, and some SD2IDE adapter,
nothing fancy. Same setup works very stable and without problems under
AmigaOS, and actually, also NetBSD (although I haven't run that for a
while). I was just curious if there was any follow-up or maybe a solution
to this issue.

All previously discussed symptoms also match my observations on my
hardware, like say, PCMCIA card inserted or not makes no difference.

If that's extra info, the same kernel works flawlessly in FS-UAE (with an
emulated A1200 IDE controller), so the problems only occur on real
hardware.

Charlie