Re: d-i problem with Penguin-19.sit (SOLVED)

WRT .sit, .sea, etc.

At the risk of stating the obvious, (and getting flamed), the Mac OS, prior to X identified files by type and creator parameters which are lost when a file is transfered by a non-Mac aware process. While a .sea (self extracting archive) is an executable, a Mac won't know this unless the type is set to Appl. This can be done by Resedit and other programs. Of course this still leaves the chicken
& egg problem of installing a Mac file from a non-Mac system.

A data file, such as a Stuffit archive, can be opened from within a stuffit aware program without setting the correct type creator. Later versions of the Mac OS
came with an extension/control panel to deal with "foreign" files.

HTH, Greg