Re: d-i problem with Penguin-19.sit

On Fri, Aug 13, 2004 at 12:35:04PM +0200, Kilian Krause wrote:
> Hi again,
>
> ok, here's the run-up.  ;))
>
> I finally got things working (even Netscape 4.08 installed *g*) by using
> a CD-Rom with "-g --macbin" in the mkisofs call. That made the Mac find
> the unstuff binary and consequently be able to use the Penguin.sit too.

Cool.

> Christian, your Penguin.sea doesn't even work for me with StuffIt
> installed.

Thats strange, but then I can just remove it again.

> Now i'm somewhat lost with how to get the Penguin actually move. I've
> checked the d-i manual at:
> http://d-i.alioth.debian.org/manual/en.m68k/index.html

Never looked there, did anybody update that or is it identical to the woody
manual?

> i've tried with the Penguin-19 and vmlinuz-2.2.5-mac and
> hd-media-initrd.gz which sounds close enough to "netinstall" for me. the
> nativehd-initrd.gz obviously isn't what i want for a net-install, is it?

I think I used nativehd on the amiga, since I had some base packages on the
disk already. But that is not the problem here.

> So now i boot the penguin with the above vmlinuz and initrd.gz, but i
> get a Kernel-panic cannot find root.. Hmm?! So how am i supposed to boot
> the netinstall?

Check the FAQ and add root=/dev/ram. And yes, this is already in the sarge
FAQ:

http://people.debian.org/~cts/debian-m68k/sarge/

Christian