Re: Open issue for the Curitiba (Brazil) Team bid / Bid decision meeting 2018-01-25 14:30 UTC

Am 24.01.2018 um 13:19 schrieb Paulo Henrique de Lima Santana:
>> How much is a down-payment for the two hotels above and possibly San
>> Juan Hotel which seems like a likely choice for hotel #3 based on
>> distance and cost alone.
> I don't see why is important to know this now.
> Could you wait after we confirm (or not) if Curitiba will host DC19?

You probably won't have an approved budget until after DebConf18 so this
one will have to go to leader@ for a specific out-of-budget approval. It
would be very helpful to know whether we talk USD 5,000 or 50,000.

I don't think it will be decisive information for the bid approval but
getting this info is also just one phone call with the reservation
manager per hotel. ("What percentage of a reservation do you typically
ask for as a down-payment to reserve a block of rooms? Would 10% be
sufficient?")