Re: Open issue for the Curitiba (Brazil) Team bid / Bid decision meeting 2018-01-25 14:30 UTC

Paulo Henrique de Lima Santana dijo [Mon, Jan 22, 2018 at 10:23:33PM -0200]:
> > You stated that "Samuel will go there this week and get a price"
> > and that you will update the wiki bid page accordingly.
>
> This was done because we needed to update the prices. But on the BID
> we only quoted the price on the topic "BUDGET estimation".
>
> > Yet https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf19/Bids/Curitiba currently
> > still states "Nearby hotels and hostel" without any details, offers and
> > prices.
>
> On the last year, we had done a map with the 5 hotels and 1 hostel
> nearby the venue, but we forgot to link it in the BID18 page.  So,
> it's there in the BID19 page now. And you can see here:
> https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/File:Curitiba-hotels.png

Very good, walking distances are great \o/

> > Please fix this before the decision meeting.
> > I - for my part - have doubts supporting your bid otherwise as we cannot
> > risk 400 or 500 people having to roam hotel booking sites and airbnb.
>
> I'm really sorry that we had gave to you the impression that we
> don't know anything about our accommodation. We believed that only
> inserting the cost was ok.  Believe me, we are not crazy to build a
> BID without had think about this topic :-)
>
> We have the list of these hotels on the MiniDebConf Curitiba wiki,
> but we did not list them on the BID because the sites are in
> portuguese. Maybe we should to do that anyway.
> https://wiki.debian.org/Brasil/Eventos/MiniDebConfCuritiba2018/Hospedagem

It's in Portuguese, but the data are mostly readable for anybody :-) I
would just add two requests here:

‣ Exchange rate between Reais and USDollar/Euro/... for better
  readability for non-Brazilians. As of right now, according to
  xe.com, it's 3.20BRL per 1USD, or 3.92BRL per 1EUR.

‣ Availability of rooms. How many rooms does each hotel/hostel have?
  That, together with their prices, distance to venue (or hotel
  quality, or whatever) can be a guide as to how we would try to fill
  them up.

Of course, I understand you are presenting "public" prices. I guess
that, if we are to approach (say) Hotel Nacional (as they are closest)
and tell we want to book it all, we might get preferential
pricing.