Re: Open issue for the Curitiba (Brazil) Team bid / Bid decision meeting 2018-01-25 14:30 UTC
Am 24.01.2018 um 11:35 schrieb Antonio Terceiro:
> Since 2016 we have tried to explain why pre-reservations are not
> possible but it seems we couldn't get the message through: we explicitly
> asked for that, but the hotels won't commit without some upfront
> payment. So, we will *not* have pre-reservations to show.
Good enough. As long as you know they are not booked for a competing
event, know their capacity, disability accessibility and (list) prices
> We summarized the data we have so far here:
How confident are you in your budget estimation of USD 25 per person/day
average? Do you think you can negotiate the list prices you gave for
Hotel Nacional Inn and Hotel Aladdin well into that range when reserving
hundreds of rooms? How much discount do you get for block reservations
for the Mini-Debconfs or other local events (if you did such reservations)?
> We did confirm with them that they are available for the period where we
> would have DC19. We couldn't get anything in writing though.
That's good enough. We just need to make sure to act fast enough in case
you get DC19.
> Please let us know if there is any other information that is needed.
How much is a down-payment for the two hotels above and possibly San
Juan Hotel which seems like a likely choice for hotel #3 based on
distance and cost alone.
NB: Please select the best one from local knowledge! I've never been to
Curitiba so I don't know which one has comfy clean beds, is well
accessible to disabled Debianites and generally a good place to stay.