Re: [Debconf-team] DC12 network (was Re: DebConf12 final report)

Gaudenz,

am Tue, Jan 29, 2013 at 10:18:17PM +0100 hast du folgendes geschrieben:
> Do you have any specific points you were not happy with. I think it
> worked much better than the DC11 wifi network and I don't remember any
> major problems.

I thought we had the DC11 wifi network working sensibly after the count
of APs was increased in the auditorium and their power reduced.

For DC12 I recall that we had massive wifi trouble in the big
auditorium, but then there were only three access points IIRC. I'm not
sure if any of them served on 11a.

> In the one incident where someone created a loop as far as I remember
> only the branch with the loop was shut down. While debugging the the
> problem we were initially mislead by unrelated kernel messages on homer
> I think.

Yes, but it still needs to be considered for next time given that the
main switch was one loaned by the university. We had more intelligent
switches for DC11, maybe that's less a logistical problem for DC13…

Kind regards
Philipp Kern