Re: [Debconf-team] DebConf12 final report

Hi

Daniel Kahn Gillmor <dkg@fifthhorseman.net> writes:

> On 01/29/2013 03:09 AM, Didier 'OdyX' Raboud wrote:
>> Le samedi, 26 janvier 2013 14.55:09, Raphaël Walther a écrit :
>>> The  report is half finished under the 'debconf-data/reports/dc12'
>>> directory.
>>
>> I have now cleaned it a tiny bit to make it look more polished, in particular:
>> I have commented out the incomplete sections and the "TODOs" that were lying
>> around, added a quasi-verbatim copy of the Debian Press DebCamp report and
>> added a resized group picture.
>
> Thanks Raphaël and OdyX for your work on this.  I've just committed a
> way overdue version of the Network report.  Alas, there are FIXMEs in
> there because i don't remember some of the details. If anyone can fill
> in the gaps, i'd appreciate it (or mail them to me, and i'll update it).

I can have a look tonight and maybe fill the gaps. I don't think we have
to go too much into details anyway.

> In Particular:
>
>  0) model numbers and firmware of TP-Link and Buffalo wireless access
> points

I can fill in this information if you think it's relevant.

>  1) who provided the IPv6 tunnelling?  I don't think we had native
>  IPv6

It was setup by Philip Kern with a tunnel. Don't remember which tunnel
provider he used.

>  2) i can't remember if we opted for a roaming connection between all
> wireless access points, or if we isolated the networks into separate
> layer 2 subnets.

We had all wireless access points on the same layer 2 net. Only the
video team was on a separate VLAN.

> I also don't know if a networking diagram is appropriate for the final
> report.  If it is, we might want to include
>
>   https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/File:Network-debconf12.png

I don't think we have to include this diagram. AFAIK it was mainly an
internal document. For the technical documentation of what we did it's
ok if it's just in the wiki.

Gaudenz

--
Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter.