Re: [Debconf-team] DebConf12 final report

On Tue, Jan 29, 2013 at 12:49:28PM -0500, Daniel Kahn Gillmor wrote:
> > I can fill in this information if you think it's relevant.
> yes, i do think that's relevant.  i'd like other people to know what
> worked for us.  (and i'd like to be able to refer to it in the future
> myself)

If that's about the network I wasn't entirely happy with the wi-fi last
year. ;-)

(And core switches should have STP configured, or better some more rapid
anti-loop protocol.)

> >>  1) who provided the IPv6 tunnelling?
> > It was setup by Philip Kern with a tunnel. Don't remember which tunnel
> > provider he used.
> Philipp, can you answer this?

I set up a free tunnel to Hurricane Electric (tunnelbroker.net)'s Miami
PoP. I didn't hear complaints. network-manager wasn't yet capable of
DHCPv6 and/or RDNSS/DNSSL. Hence it was mainly a big /64 subnet on the
one attendee VLAN, nothing on the video VLAN, used for outgoing IPv6
connectivity. Maybe the mirror had IPv6 listed additionally in DNS, but
I don't think there were more internal services on IPv6 (like DNS).

> > We had all wireless access points on the same layer 2 net. Only the
> > video team was on a separate VLAN.
> Thanks, i've updated network.tex to reflect this.

I guess I cannot go look and check. ;-)

Kind regards
Philipp Kern