Re: [Debconf-team] Publish the list of people who prefer not being photographed or filmed?

Quoting Aigars Mahinovs (aigarius@gmail.com):
> This is exact same discussion as last year with the exact same outcome
> - coming up with the rules that basically make it impractical to

With the difference that last year's discussion happened at the *end*
of DC and I'm currently trying this time to dosomething
*before*. Whether this makes things complicated or not is
off-topic. As long as we ask people such question, we should do our
best to use the outcome.

*I* am personnally not a privacy freak, as many people know. So I'll
be one of those people annoyed as I tend to publish pictures I'm
taking at Debconf. But I feel like the duty to respect the will of
those people who are concerned about their privacy, even if I have
hard times understanding them.

Things won't be perfect anyway:
- there *will* be people who mentioned their will of not being
photographed or filmed...who will be photographed or filmed
- there *will* be people publishing such pictures because:
  - they didn't take care
  - they didn't bother caring

But, still, doing something will help improving things and I think
it's kind a duty we have. More than doing nothing.

And bringing the topic here on -team was an attempt to avoid a
discussion going nowhere...and nothing happening afterwards..:)

Anyway, thanks for your input, Aigars (which reminds me that we'll
have to find a volunteer for the Group Photo).