Re: 4.3.0-0pre1v1 [XSF, please read]

On Sun, Jun 22, 2003 at 02:00:54PM +0200, Michel D?nzer wrote:
> On Sun, 2003-06-22 at 13:35, Daniel Stone wrote:
> > How are the other GL packages named - mesa-libgl1 and friends?
>
> No, as has been discussed here, it's still mesag3 for hysterical
> reasons. We have to set a good example. :)

"Historical reasons", or "hysterical raisins". :)

> > If so, why not xfree86-libgl1?
>
> I like libgl1-xfree86 better because the emphasis is on libgl1.

Fair enough, but then again, why is mesa-libglu1, called mesa-libglu1?

> OTOH xlibmesa-gl(1) have the advantage that xlibmesa-gl-dev can stay the
> same, allowing for a smoother transition.
>
> Also, is there a naming scheme yet for the other libraries to be split
> out of xlibs, which might be applicable here?

The standard way - libfooN.

Daniel, enamoured with Dasher

--
Daniel Stone                                     <dstone@trinity.unimelb.edu.au>
Developer, Trinity College, University of Melbourne