Re: 4.3.0-0pre1v1 [XSF, please read]

On Sun, Jun 22, 2003 at 04:13:58AM +0200, Michel D?nzer wrote:
> On Sun, 2003-06-22 at 03:55, Daniel Stone wrote:
> > On Fri, Jun 20, 2003 at 06:09:35PM +0200, Michel D?nzer wrote:
> > >       * drop xlibmesa-glu* in favour of libglu1-mesa*
> > >       * fix xlibmesa-drm-src name; the DRM isn't a library, and it has
> > >         nothing whatsoever to do with Mesa. Something like
> > >         drm-module-src maybe?
> > >       * xlibmesa-gl{,-dev,-dbg} is already better than xlibmesa4-gl*,
> > >         thanks. Does anything speak against xlibmesa-gl{1,-dev,-dbg} (1
> > >         being the OpenGL API/ABI version) though, which would be
> > >         consistent with my current dri-trunk packages?
> >
> > Err, why would we have xlibmesa-gl1 and libglu1-mesa? That's woefully
> > inconsistent - I thought the whole point of this was consistency, no?
>
> apt-cache showsrc libglu1-mesa
>
> xlibmesa-glu is libglu1-mesa in disguise.

Oh, so you're proposing to stop building GLU, because we already have
Mesa/s GLU? Why isn't Mesa 5's libGL built as well?

I'm not seeing any consistency whatsoever here ...

--
Daniel Stone                                     <dstone@trinity.unimelb.edu.au>
Developer, Trinity College, University of Melbourne