Re: 4.3.0-0pre1v1 [XSF, please read]

On Sun, Jun 22, 2003 at 01:27:33PM +0200, Michel D?nzer wrote:
> On Sun, 2003-06-22 at 12:54, Daniel Stone wrote:
> > On Sun, Jun 22, 2003 at 12:47:05PM +0200, Michel D?nzer wrote:
> > >
> > > The libGLs provided by Mesa and XFree86 aren't the same. In particular,
> > > the former can't use direct rendering, while the latter can't use plain
> > > X11 rendering.
> > >
> > > The libGLUs OTOH are both taken from the SGI sample implementation. _If_
> > > there are any significant changes to libGLU, they will much more likely
> > > appear in Mesa first. Maintaining xlibmesa-glu as well is a waste of
> > > effort.
> >
> > OK, I can see this, and will add the re-org to the pre1v2 list.
>
> Thank you. I can look into doing it myself if that would be helpful, but
> my time is tight and I might have to get familiar with subversion first.

Nah, it's cool. It's work we can all do, and it's not terrifically
important.

> > Any ideas on what we should call xlibmesa-drm-src and xlibmesa-gl?
>
> Time for a little brainstorming session? :)
>
> drm-xfree86-module-src ? (I don't really like drm-trunk-module-src etc.
> either though, so if anybody has a better idea... :)
>
> I can live with xlibmesa-gl, though I like xlibmesa-gl1 better. Another
> random idea would be libgl1-xfree86 .

Mmm, I'm liking libgl1-xfree86. My original name for the DRM sources was
xfree86-drm-src, but that later got renamed.

drm-xfree86-module-src is far too long, IMO. How are the other GL
packages named - mesa-libgl1 and friends? If so, why not xfree86-libgl1?

--
Daniel Stone                                     <dstone@trinity.unimelb.edu.au>
Developer, Trinity College, University of Melbourne