Re: Changing how we handle non-free firmware

Hi Bart!

On Tue, Aug 23, 2022 at 10:22:39PM +0200, Bart Martens wrote:
>On Mon, Aug 22, 2022 at 11:32:23AM -0500, Gunnar Wolf wrote:

>> Debian would recommend the one with non-free-firmware, for the
>> purposes of enabling users to install on current hardware, but both
>> would be available.
>
>Do we need to recommend one above the other? I'd rather use some short
>explanation per installer to help the user choose.

Sure, we can add explanatory text here. But in terms of recommending
one, *whether we say it explicitly or not* one will get more downloads
and users than the other. Most likely the first one listed on the
download page, just *because*.

"You can't barbecue lettuce!" -- Ellie Crane