Re: "rms-open-letter" choice 3: do not, as the project itself, sign any letter regarding rms

Hi

On 27.03.21 14:01, Kurt Roeckx wrote:
On Sat, Mar 27, 2021 at 01:56:08PM +0100, Timo Weingärtner wrote:
27.03.21 13:03 Kurt Roeckx:
I've added this option on the website. I'm still processing emails.

Note that it's my interpretation that if changes are accepts that
there is no need to second it again. If you don't agree with the
changes need to say so, and which point and become the proposer of
a new option and need to look for seconds again.

Please let me know if there is something that's currently on the
website that you don't agree with.

The content is fine, maybe the headings could be improved to look like (as a
recent example) in the systemd GR.

I'm not sure what you mean, but I'm not really happy with the
current wording of the option names. It's up to the one calling
for vote to suggest the names. But I'm sure that any suggestions
are welcome.

If I understand correctly, "Choice 3: Ask Richard Stallman to resign" could be renamed to Choice 3: "Do not sign the open letter, instead issue a statement expressing Debian's disapproval and ask RMS to resign from his functions at the FSF" - making it clear what this is about?

I think this is the option proposed by Sruthi, that's why I Cc:ed her explicitly.

The page is here: https://www.debian.org/vote/2021/vote_002

Cheers!
Ulrike