Re: Willingness to share a position statement?

Quoting Gard Spreemann (2021-03-25 19:21:36)

> Margarita Manterola <margamanterola@gmail.com> writes:
>
> > On Thu, Mar 25, 2021 at 6:59 PM Roberto C. Sánchez <roberto@debian.org>
> > wrote:
> >
> >> Essentially, voting in this GR is implicitly
> >> compulsory and there is only one correct way to vote.
> >

> > Also not true. The GR is to vote whether Debian issues a statement about
> > this or not. If you think Debian shouldn't issue a statement about this,
> > that's a totally valid opinion. The point of the GR is to gauge whether the
> > majority of DDs think that the project should or should not issue a
> > statement.  We won't know until the voting is over whether that's the
> > case.
>
> I'm very sorry if I misunderstood something (this is the first GR to
> come up since I joined the project, please excuse the
> handholding/noise), but isn't this a GR over whether or not Debian
> issues a *specific* statement about the matter?
>
> It puts those of us who may wish for Debian to make *a* statement, but
> dislike the broadness of the open letter that is under consideration for
> ratification, in a difficult spot.

If you think that an alternative statement should be made instead, then
propose that alternative and if enough others support that (the process
of "seconding") then it will appear as another option on the voting
ballot.

 - Jonas