Re: Re-Proposal - preserve freedom of choice of init systems

Stefano Zacchiroli writes ("Re: Re-Proposal - preserve freedom of choice of init systems"):
> For these reasons, and no matter what went wrong in the past with
> previous attempts at this GR, I think you should have at the very least
> included an "applies only to jessie + 1" provision in your proposal.
> Doing so would have disentangled this matter from the upcoming freeze,
> which, per se, is a well-known cause of stress for the project.

The problem with making it simply not apply to jessie is that there
would be a continued opportunity to create `facts on the ground' which
make it difficult to disentangle things in jessie + 1.

But I am not suggesting that the release team ought to apply different
criteria for `jessie-ignore' for RC bugs, for example.

Ian.