[Date Prev][Date Next] [Thread Prev][Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]

Re: Re-Proposal - preserve freedom of choice of init systems

On Thu, 2014-10-16 at 19:01 +0100, Ian Jackson wrote:
> Stefano Zacchiroli writes ("Re: Re-Proposal - preserve freedom of choice of init systems"):
> > I've sympathy for the motives behind this GR, but discovering that those
> > teams might have their Jessie plans disrupted---on a very short
> > notice---by this GR will make me think twice or thrice before helping in
> > making it happen.
> I think that if necessary we might have to delay the release.  That
> would be a matter for the release team.  I would be very unhappy if we
> ditched the ability of people to choose a different init system simply
> to maintain our release schedule.

Speaking for no-one other than myself, I _am_ very unhappy that given
how long the discussion has been rumbling on for, and how much
opportunity there has been, that anyone thought that two weeks before
the freeze (which has had a fixed date for nearly a year now) was the
right time to raise this.



Reply to: