Re: Re-Proposal - preserve freedom of choice of init systems

On Thu, Oct 16, 2014 at 04:05:41PM +0100, Ian Jackson wrote:
> As Matthew said, I don't think further lengthy discussion of the
> issues is likely to be productive, and therefore hope we can bring
> this swiftly to a vote.  This is particularly true given the impact on
> the jessie release.

Speaking of which,
  before deciding anything (including seconding it or not) about this
proposal, I'd like to know what impact a positive outcome of this GR
would have on the work load of teams whose efforts we badly need to put
the Jessie release in shape.

Specifically: have you, or anyone else involved in this GR, asked the
GNOME team and the release team, whether a positive outcome of this GR
is going to disrupt their work (plans) or not?

[ Those teams are just the first two I could think of. Please speak up
  if you are aware of teams that might be heavily impacted, one way or
  another, by the outcome of this GR. ]

I've sympathy for the motives behind this GR, but discovering that those
teams might have their Jessie plans disrupted---on a very short
notice---by this GR will make me think twice or thrice before helping in
making it happen.

Cheers.
Former Debian Project Leader  . . @zack on identi.ca . . o o o . . . o .